Friday, May 31, 2013

FPP post1 April Foodie Penpals Reveal Day

Key points of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you  receive your penpal pairing via email. You contact  your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You  have to mail your box of goodies by the 15th of the month. On the last day of the month, you post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are  filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  
This is my second month being part of the Foodie Pen Pal program, last month and again this month the person who I sent my Foodie goody box to was a reader not a blogger so there will be no post on what I sent, but below you will see what treats I received. 
In May I was paired with Brittany as my Foodie Pen Pal to receive a goody box from.  Brittany lives in New York and has an inspirational blog  http://readrunrepeat.wordpress.com/ . My May Goody box was amazing and filled with yummy treats. 
Returned home from work and had a wonderful surprise box waiting for me !!!! So excited!!!
My Foodie Pen Pal box was full of wonderful snacks. Brittany really listened to me when I said I loved spicy foods.

Chocolate Cover Crystallized Ginger,
This chocolate was so good , but had a spicy kick
Almonds are one of my favorites and you can never go wrong with a little spice. I used these on a salad and straight from the bag, so yummy
Chili and  Dark Chocolate , what more needs to be said
The Rice Chips were addictive and had just the right amount of wasabi. These chips were great 
www.bbq-laden.de
OK , so this picture is not the original bottle 
of Sweet Baby Ray's from my gift box. Somehow my bottle of Chipotle Baby Ray's vanished from my pantry. I made some meatballs and went to the pantry to get this little gem of goodness and found out that one of my daughters had gone shopping in my pantry and had made off with my Baby Ray's. There was great sadness. 


Thank you sooooo Much Brittany.



No comments :

Post a Comment