Sunday, June 9, 2013

 This Weeks Produce and Eggs from Feast DownEast




 First thing I made with this basket of goodies was Fried Squash Blossoms:

I didn't take any take pictures as I made the Squash Blossoms since it was my first time working with them I was so involved that I forgot.


I mixed together some ricotta , lemon zest, sea salt , black pepper , mozzarella cheese , Parmesan cheese and a few drops of olive oil.

Then I dusted the blossoms in flour to make  them easier to open without tearing the blossom , I used a mini spoon to scoop out the inside of the blossom and then spooned the cheese mixer into the blossom, twisted he them closed and dredged in flour. Once all blossoms were filled I mixed together ice, water and flour, dipped the blossom in the flour mixer and then dredged in Panko.  Once all blossoms were coated I dropped them in the a cast iron skillet with a few inches of hot oil and turned to brown all sides. They cook very quickly. They were crispy outside and ooey gooey cheese inside


Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini ,

Tomatoes , New Potatoes with Ricotta




Eggplant
Lemon Zest
Lemon Juice
Garlic
Tomato
Zucchini
New Potatoes
Ricotta
Thyme
Basil
Olive Oil
Pink Peppercorn
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
French Bread

Cut Eggplant in Half score flesh and salt eggplant , place in a colander  to drain for 20 mins



Cut zucchini and potatoes  into thin slices ,toss tomatoes, zucchini and potatoes  with minced garlic , thyme , lemon zest, salt and olive oil   Roast in 450 pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 mins until tender



Rinse salt from Eggplant, Pat Dry and Place on baking Sheet top with Garlic , thyme  , Salt and drizzle with Olive Oil Roast at 450 degrees until tender


While Eggplant is roasting Mix Ricotta , Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Salt , crushed Pink Peppercorn , chopped basil and drizzle with Olive oil


Serve with toasted French Bread




No comments :

Post a Comment