Friday, June 28, 2013

FPP post1 April Foodie Penpals Reveal Day
It is Reveal Day for June's FPP Program !!!
Key points of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you  receive your penpal pairing via email. You contact  your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You  have to mail your box of goodies by the 15th of the month. On the last day of the month, you post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are  filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  
This is my third month being part of the Foodie Pen Pal program,  this month the person I sent my Foodie goody box to was Mabel  you can check out her  blog at  http://funfabdelish.com/  to see what items I sent for her  to try .

I received my goody box from Kelly , her blog is  http://sweatingforsweets.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/june-foodie-pen-pals/   . I was so excited when I opened my box this month because the theme was spicy!!! I also was excited because Kelly had included a spice mix along with a recipe for some of the best chicken I have had.  Below you will see the amazing items that Kelly thoughtfully picked for me. 

The Anticipation the moment before I ripped the box open
Kelly included a very thoughtful note

Amazing Recipe ( simple & healthy) 



This Salsa from Trader Joe's has a a little kick , great flavor and was good on everything

Cookie Butter was the sweet treat in the box, very smooth and yummy

The Pecans were good right out of the bag and tossed on a salad

Ok, so have you ever eaten something that you weren't sure what you thought about it but you had to keep eating it because it was interesting, that would be these chips, they tasted like a  baked potato with horseradish from an upscale steak house

This was the star of the show along with the spice mix that Kelly put together ( I have made this three times since getting the recipe)

Ingredients for Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs
Chicken Thighs coated in Spices




chicken on baking rack

Honey and Vinegar to coat chicken






No comments :

Post a Comment